I.V. Dressing Market Is Gaining Rapid Traction With Ivwatch Llc Receiving The U.S. Fda Clearance For Its Smarttouch Disposable Sensor For The Early Detection Of Peripheral Iv Infiltration And Extravasation Events
I.V. Dressing involves the administration of fluids into the abdominal cavity, through a catheter, to aid in the removal of waste products that can build up in the abdomen. The catheter is inserted into the anus, through the vagina, and directed toward the belly button, via a thin tube. Over the years, I.V. dressing has changed significantly and become far more efficient with the advent of new products. Latest IV dressings can include antimicrobial dressings with a transparent securement dressing for central venous access devices (CVAD). Hence, the advent of such products can stimulate growth of the I.V. dressing market in the near future.
Recently, in July 2020, ivWatch LLC received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for its SmartTouch disposable sensor for early detection of peripheral IV infiltration and extravasation events.
I.V. or intravenous line is typically used to administer medication or in blood transfusion. I.V. dressings can offer quick fixation dressing, in order to secure I.V. Cannula, intramuscular catheters. One of the key applications of I.V. dressing is in the treatment of central line-associated bloodstream infection (CLABSI). As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), around 41,000 bloodstream infections are caused by contaminated central lines in the U.S. hospitals each year. IV fluid administration promptly needed in CLABSI and oxygen therapy if required. Thus, such factors can augment growth of the I.V. dressing market.
That being said, there are certain factors that could pose hurdles in growth of the I.V. dressing market. In many emerging regions including Africa and Middle East, the healthcare infrastructure is not robust. As a result of this, adoption of advanced I.V. dressing is significantly low. Hence, such adversities can limit growth of the I.V. dressing market.
Traditional IVR catheters require the insertion of long thin tubes through the skin, into the large blood vessels in the abdomen, to serve as bridges for introducing liquids or medical gases. After the catheter is inserted, these tubes must be made smaller again, before allowing the liquid or gas to enter the recipient's body. As far as regional impact is concerned, North America seems to gain robust traction in the I.V. dressing market. This is typically due to the fact that new and advanced products are being launched in the U.S. Recently, in July 2018, 3M launched Tegaderm antimicrobial I.V. advanced securement dressing.

Comments
Post a Comment